Monday, October 20, 2008

Not one of the better days

I've been feeling crummy almost all day today because I inadvertently bought bologna (disgusting!) instead of ham...and had no other sandwich for lunch; so it left a queasy sensation in my stomach for hours. Then that feeling went away, and I had a chicken kiev...but that didn't sit well either (it was full of bacon and cheese instead of chicken and butter...didn't expect that either!). I guess I didn't do a very good job of reading labels this week at the store. Oh well. I threw away the bologna since even my roommates said, "Oh don't eat that! It's nasty!" Now I have regular ham for tomorrow...yay!

Radio was good and not-so-good. I pre-recorded a few segments for radio, pretending to be an NPR correspondent. It took about an hour to record seven minutes, but so is the nature of pre-recorded radio! And not so good--lots of kinks with the show, but those in the office seemed to like it, so maybe I'm just being hard on myself. The good part about radio is there's always another show, this week on Thursday.

And I can't escape the feeling that laundry days are terribly unproductive. By the time I sit down to do work between washing and drying or drying and retrieving, I have maybe five minutes of productive work time. That's sure better than smelling bad in cramped classrooms, though!

Okay -- off to be productive now that laundry is done.

No comments: