Thursday, September 18, 2008

Too good not to post

I was just coming back from doing laundry, and listening to the sounds of our complex on a Wednesday night: loud music, loud people, dance parties, cell phone conversations, etc. Somehow, out of all the noise, one sentence stood out. "Well hurry up, because I' stuck in a trolley and can't get out." (A trolley, by the way, is a grocery cart.) I chuckle and keep walking.

I walk into my apartment, and decide to share this with the dance party-goers in my living room. Turns out that girl was my roommate. In an instant, all of her friends run outside, and do what any kind, loving friends would do: they point and laugh.

Eventually one of them walks over and pushes the cart into our living room. It sounds like she's been freed, but I'm not sure. She was having a jolly time, though. It just reminds me of the Trader Joe's cart that my summer roommates brought into our room for a few weeks. Maybe this one won't stay as long? But, if I return it, I can collect €1 ($1.40), as you have to insert a Euro to take out the cart. (I suppose it's insurance to encourage you to take it back to the corral instead of leaving it in the car park [parking lot].)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Corbb. Sounds like it is getting better each day. Too funny about the cart. Reminds me of when Mario got in the moving cart and made me push him. Should have left him in there. Hope you get on the radio, that is too cool. Have you made any contact with Janet? How is phoenix holding up without you? Want me to come over and be your reader? Good luck at the market tomorrow if you get up on time.